Thursday, July 5, 2007

REVIEW: Finding Bliss at Madison Nails

Like most Moms, I always WANT to take time to do nice things for myself, but somehow it always falls to the bottom of the list. Yesterday I decided to take the plunge and go for a pedicure.

The newest nail bar in the Davisville neighbourhood is Madison Nails. Located on Mt. Pleasant just north of Belsize, it's very close to the home office. The salon is bright and airy inside; calming music floats through the room and you can smell whiffs of lemon verbena nearby.

The service was fantastic; I was left to happily read my trashy magazine while my feet were being pampered. Everything at Madison is brand new and very clean, an important factor when it comes to personal services. What makes Madison unique to any other nail bar I've visited is the option to purchase your very own personal nail kit: the kit is your's and it's used just by you at each visit. In addition, the prices are fantastic: I had the SoHo scrub (feet and hands) for under $50 - what a deal!

Madison's owner, Ellen Hastings, wants to let all Davisville Moms know that Madison is a great place for pedi-parties. Just book 5 or more people, and the place is your's!

If you've tried Madison, let us know! Feel free to post your comments below.

No comments: